These Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and KJ ProWeb Inc. (“we,” “us” or “our”), concerning your access to and use of the kjproweb.com website as well as any other media form, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (collectively, the “Site”).
You agree that by accessing the Site, you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by all of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with all of these Terms and Conditions, then you are expressly prohibited from using the Site and you must discontinue use immediately.
Supplemental terms and conditions or documents that may be posted on the Site from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason.
We will alert you about any changes by updating the “Last updated” date of these Terms and Conditions, and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change.
This WEB DEVELOPMENT, HOSTING & DIGITAL MARKETING SERVICES AGREEMENT establishes a Contract by and between KJ ProWeb™ (“Company”) and the party identified below as (“Buyer”).
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless otherwise indicated, the Site is our proprietary property and all source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (collectively, the “Content”) and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of the United States, foreign jurisdictions, and international conventions.
The Content and the Marks are provided on the Site “AS IS” for your information and personal use only. Except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, no part of the Site and no Content or Marks may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written permission.
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
By using the Site, you represent and warrant that:
(1) all registration information you submit will be true, accurate, current, and complete;
(2) you have the legal capacity and you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions;
(3) you are not under the age of 18]
(4) not a minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside;
(5) you will not access the Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script, or otherwise;
(6) you will not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
(7) your use of the Site will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site.
- use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
- trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords;
- make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
- delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
The Site may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, “Contributions”).
Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Site and through third-party websites. As such, any Contributions you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
- the creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- you are the creator and owner of or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, releases, and permissions to use and to authorize us, the Site, and other users of the Site to use your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Site and these Terms and Conditions.
- you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in your Contributions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Site and these Terms and Conditions.
- your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- your Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
- your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
- your Contributions do not violate any federal or state law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
- your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
- your Contributions do not otherwise violate, or link to material that violates, any provision of these Terms and Conditions, or any applicable law or regulation.
Any use of the Site in violation of the foregoing violates these Terms and Conditions and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Site.
THE PURCHASE OF ANY GOODS OR SERVICES
MUTUAL CONSIDERATION: After careful consideration the Buyer agrees to purchase digital technology products and/or services as described in a the proof of purchase receipt or proposal (collectively referred to as the “Services”) and KJ ProWeb™ agrees to produce or create, render, publish and deliver the said products or services to the Buyer in a timely and professional manner.
- Mutual Agreement: In exchange for good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency and receipt of which are hereby acknowledged, Buyer and KJ Proweb™ agree as follows:
(a). KJ ProWeb™ agrees to design, develop, produce and deliver to the Buyer, quality product(s) or services in a manner consistent with the technical specifications as described in the product purchase receipt, online product or service description together with any Addendums, Attachments, or Proposals relevant to said purchase.
(b) The Buyer agrees to provide KJ ProWeb™ with any Materials that may be required to complete a task or project as described in paragraph item #4 and pay invoices due upon request.
3. Website Design.
The design of the Website shall be in substantial conformity with technical specifications described in the Proposal and as expressed by the Buyer. The Web Developer shall produce the Website in accordance with the highest industry standards and best practices. *Site Cloning & Migration: Buyer understands and acknowledges that website cloning and migration software programs produce a “near replica, but not an exact flawless copy” of the original. This is due to the fact that most web builder software apps are proprietary.
4. Materials That Must Be Provided by Buyer/Site Owner.
All materials, on-page text/content, graphics and other content for the Website to be supplied by Owner (the “Owner of Content”) may be provided in a soft format such as on CD-Rom, DVD, or via email. Files will be provided in HTML format, standard word processing text format, or, if images, digitally in TIFF, GIF, JPEG, or Photoshop format. Owner agrees to provide all Content within a reasonable time for Developer to timely meet the requirements of the Development Schedule or as otherwise specified in the Development Schedule.
5. Accessibility During Development.
Throughout the development of the prototype and the final Website, the Website shall be accessible to the Owner. Until the Owner has approved the final Website, none of the web pages for the Website will be accessible to end-users.
6. Delivery of Deliverables.
Upon Owner’s approval of the final Website, or upon the termination of this Agreement, whichever occurs earlier, Developer shall deliver to Owner all code, documentation, reports, images, artwork, text, and other materials developed by Developer in the course of its performance under this Agreement and any other terms reasonably necessary for the operation of the Website, other than third party operating system software, third-party networking software, web browsers, and hardware, and all changes and enhancements thereto (the “Deliverables”).
Documentation shall be delivered in printed format and in electronic format. Code shall be delivered in electronic format. The developer shall maintain its backups and one set of the Deliverables for a period of six (6) months after the Owner’s approval of the final Website.
If this Agreement is terminated prior to final approval, or upon expiration of the six-month period, Developer will destroy all of its copies of the Deliverables, including all backups thereof, and permanently destroy all files constituting final or working copies of any Deliverables from Developer’s computers and back-up materials unless otherwise directed in writing by Owner.
7. Domain Name(s).
The Website shall have the domain name chosen by, and designated by Owner (the “Domain Name(s)”. The Owner shall register the Domain Name or, at Owner’s option and upon Owner’s request, Developer shall register the Domain Name on Owner’s behalf. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties, the Owner shall be listed as the registrant and administrative and technical contact for the Domain Name.
Owner shall prepay Developer for any URL registration fees incurred by Developer in association with registering Domain Name(s) for Owner. If requested by Owner and agreed, Developer shall maintain and renew the registration of the Domain Name(s), and pay any applicable fees associated therewith, throughout the term of this Agreement.
If, by agreement of the parties, Developer is listed as the registrant or technical or administrative contact for the Domain Name, then upon any termination of this Agreement for any reason, Developer shall take all action necessary to transfer the name of the registrant and the technical and administrative contact information for the Domain Name to Owner or designee of Owner within five (5) days of termination of this Agreement, or within five (5) days of Owner providing such information or taking such action as required to effectuate the transfer.
Owner agrees to pay Developer the total amounts due for services in accordance with the payment terms set forth on the Service Agreement. If there is a dispute with regard to whether an invoice is due and payable, the dispute shall be resolved based on whether or not the work was actually (a) submitted to the Owner for final review, (b) published to the worldwide web, and if an invoice for the same was submitted to Owner.
9. Refund Policy
KJ PROWEB, SHALL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ISSUE A REFUND FOR LABOR PERFORMED OR SERVICES DELIVERED TO THE EXTENT THAT THE BUYER/OWNER RECEIVED DELIVERY IN ANY FORM (WHETHER PHYSICAL OR DIGITAL), TOOK POSSESSION TO INCLUDE FULL ADMINISTRATIVE ACCESS TO CONTROL THE DESIGN AND/OR OPERATION OF A SERVICE AFTER THE ORIGINAL DEVELOPER’S WORK IS PUBLISHED TO THE WORLDWIDE WEB.
KJ ProWeb’s No Refunds Policy Shall Apply to the Following;
- A published website featuring completed by the original KJ Proweb developer.
- Utilization of a software application or plugin made accessible via online download or sent via email.
- Publication and/or launch of an SEO campaign, paid search advertising, social media advertising, or digital advertising in any form.
(a) DEVELOPER SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR OWNER’S FAILURE OR REFUSAL TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AS MAY BE REQUIRED TO PROPERLY OPERATE A SOFTWARE PROGRAM, APP, OR MANAGE A DIGITAL SOLUTION.
(b) THE DEVELOPER DOES NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS FOR SERVICE PERFORMANCE DELAYS CAUSED BY 3rd PARTIES TO INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO; hosting services providers, network outages, government shutdowns, or any acts of God beyond the Developer’s ability to control.
(c) THE OWNER/BUYER IS FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR LEARNING HOW TO PROPERLY USE AND MANAGE CERTAIN WEB SERVICES. KJ PROWEB IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR EDUCATION AND TRAINING.
(d) FRIENDLY FRAUD / CHARGE-BACK FRAUD:
AT NO TIME AFTER THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE WHICH MAY INCLUDE; POST-SALE INSTALLATION AND LABOR, SET-UP OR RECONFIGURATION OF A SYSTEM IF NECESSARY, INTEGRATION OF PLUG-IN(S), APPS, AND PUBLICATION OF A WEBSITE TO THE WORLDWIDE WEB, SHALL THE OWNER/BUYER CONTACT THEIR CREDIT CARD ISSUING BANK IN AN ATTEMPT TO GAIN A REFUND WITHOUT FIRST CONTACTING KJ PROWEB IN WRITING TO DISCUSS AN ISSUE OF CONCERN.
10. CHARGE-BACK POLICY
Should KJ Proweb receive notice of charge-back or payment dispute from a credit card company or bank, the Buyer’s service and/or project(s) will be suspended immediately without notice. A $500.00 charge-back fee will be applied to recover fees, losses, or damages to offsets losses passed on to KJ Proweb by the merchant services provider. Additional costs to be charged the Buyer shall include any outstanding balances accrued as a result of the charge-back.
Furthermore, any fees, costs, or losses resulting from a charge-back must be paid off in full as a condition to restore service, deliver files, or continue of any further work.
Credit card charge-backs are viewed as synonymous with theft of services, a deceptive trade practice and friendly fraud. They are one and the same.
For this reason, the Buyer/Customer must contact KJ Proweb via email or telephone to express any issues of concern prior to filing a charge-back.
Failure to give KJ ProWeb™ an advance notice of issues of concern denies the Seller of fair a opportunity to resolve customer issues of concern and retain the value of that relationship for a typical account life span.
Furthermore, a charge-back does irreparable damage to our business credit profile.
We reserve the right to change, amend or modify any terms and conditions of sale to a Buyer/Customer that has filed a charge-back without first providing us with an opportunity to resolve a matter to the satisfaction of both parties.
In the event of any breach or threatened breach by Buyer/Customer of any provision of Sections 1 through 8 above, in addition to all other rights and remedies available to KJ ProWeb™ under this Agreement and under applicable law, KJ ProWeb™ shall have the right to (a) immediately enjoin all such activity, without the necessity of showing damages or posting a bond or other security, (b) immediately terminate this Agreement and Buyer’s engagement hereunder, (c) receive a prompt refund of all amounts paid to Buyer hereunder, and (d) be indemnified for any losses, damages or liability incurred by KJ ProWeb™ in connection with such violation, in accordance with the provisions of this Section 8.
Except as expressly agreed otherwise in writing by Owner, Developer shall bear all of its own expenses arising from its performance of its obligations under this Agreement. Buyer/Owner shall have no obligation to provide office space, work facilities, equipment, clerical services.
12. Future Development and Enhancements and License.
Owner and Developer agree and acknowledge that Owner may from time-to-time after termination of this Agreement request that Developer enhance, update, create new versions, create bug fixes, or otherwise modify the Website (“Enhancements”).
Owner shall have no obligation to engage Developer in connection with any Enhancements. Developer shall charge Owner for such services at Developer’s current standard published hourly rate [$200.00 per hour].
Developer agrees that such rates will not increase by more than ten percent (10%) during any calendar year and that such rates will not increase more than one (1) time in any two (2) calendar year period. Developer agrees to assign, and hereby assigns all right, title and interest, including all copyright rights and other intellectual property rights, in and to the Enhancements to Owner.
Upon completion, all Enhancements shall be included in the definition of the Deliverables under this Agreement and shall be governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Owner hereby grants to Developer a revocable, non-exclusive license to use and access the Website for the sole purpose of creating Enhancements. This license may be terminated by Owner at any time.
13. Confidential Information of Owner.
Developer acknowledges that Developer may have access to information of Owner that is considered by Owner to be confidential or proprietary including, without limitation, real property listing information, including all intellectual property rights, trade secrets, copyrights, customer lists, and customer information (“Confidential Information”).
Confidential Information does not include information that (a) has been made public by an act or omission by a party other than Developer; Developer receives from an unrelated third party without restriction on disclosure and without breach of a nondisclosure obligation; Developer knew prior to receiving such information; or Developer develops independently without use of Confidential Information.
Developer agrees to maintain as confidential and not disclose the Confidential Information to any third party and will not use any Confidential Information for any purpose other than for the performance of its obligations under this Agreement. Developer agrees to use all reasonable efforts to prevent any unauthorized disclosure of Confidential Information disclosed by Owner under this Agreement.
Developer represents and warrants that any information provided to Owner in connection with this Agreement shall not be confidential or proprietary to Developer or any third party.
Developer shall immediately notify Buyer/Owner upon discovery of any unauthorized use or disclosure of Confidential Information, or any other breach of this Agreement, and will cooperate with Owner in every reasonable way to regain possession of the Confidential Information and prevent its unauthorized use.
14. Ownership of Owner Content.
Developer acknowledges and agrees that all Owner Content is a proprietary, original work of authorship of Owner, or licensed or assigned to Owner, and is protected under United States copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret laws of general applicability.
Developer further acknowledges and agrees that all right, title, and interest in and to the Owner Content, and any portion of the Owner Content, together with all modifications, enhancements, and derivative works of the Owner Content, whether or not made by Developer, including all copyright rights, are and shall remain with Owner or its licensors.
Developer agrees to assign and transfer and does hereby irrevocably assign and transfer to Owner any and all right, title, and interest, including all copyright rights and other intellectual property rights, and all actions and causes of action related to the foregoing, and all damages, profits, and other recoveries related thereto, which Developer may have or acquire in and to the Owner Content and any and all modifications or derivative works made by Developer to the Owner Content.
Developer agrees to execute all documents and take all action reasonably requested by Buyer/Owner in connection with the assignment of rights to Buyer/Owner. Developer agrees that it will not challenge or take any action inconsistent with Owner’s rights to the Buyer/Owner Content.
Owner grants to Developer a limited, non-exclusive, revocable license to use the trademarks of Owner solely for use on the Website and in exactly the form designated by Owner.
(A) Developer agrees and acknowledges that the license of the Owner’s trademarks is made without any representations or warranties of any kind or nature.
(B) Buyer/Owner does not make any representations or warranties regarding title to any Owner trademark, the rights of any other persons or entities to the Owner trademarks, or with regard to the enforce-ability of any rights to any Owner trademark.
(C) Except as provided in this Section 9 of this Agreement, no other right is granted to Developer under this Agreement with respect to any trademarks of Owner. Developer agrees that it will not file any applications or assert any rights to any of Owner’s trademarks in the United States, or any other country or territory.
16. Ownership of Deliverables.
Owner and Developer intend that, except as set forth below, all elements of all Deliverables shall be exclusively owned by Owner, and Owner shall exclusively own all copyrights and all other intellectual property rights in the Deliverables. Accordingly, Developer agrees to assign and transfer and does hereby irrevocably assign and transfer to Owner any and all right, title, and interest, including all copyright rights and other intellectual property rights, and all actions and causes of action related to the foregoing, and all damages, profits, and other recoveries related thereto, which Developer may have or acquire in and to any and all Deliverables.
Such rights, title, and interest shall be deemed assigned as of the moment of creation without the necessity of any further action on the part of either party. Developer agrees to take all action and execute and deliver to Owner all documents requested by Owner in connection with the transfer and assignment of rights in and to the Deliverables to Owner, and any copyright application for and registration of the Deliverables or any elements of the Deliverables.
If the foregoing assignment is determined to be unenforceable for any reason, Developer hereby grants to Owner an exclusive, non-revocable, worldwide, fully paid, copyright license to sublicense through multiple tiers, perform, publish, display, reproduce, create derivative works of, and distribute any or all of the Deliverables or any derivative works thereof.
In the event that any portion of any Deliverable, including the entirety thereof, constitutes a preexisting work for which Developer cannot grant to Owner the rights set forth in this Section 10 (a “Preexisting Work”), Developer shall specify in writing (1) the nature of such Preexisting Work; (2) its owner; (3) any restrictions or royalty terms applicable to Developer’s or Owner’s use of such Preexisting Work or Owner’s exploitation of the Deliverable as a derivative works thereof; and (4) the source of Developer’s authority to employ the Preexisting Work in the preparation of the Deliverable, and Developer shall grant to Owner a non-exclusive, non-revocable, worldwide, fully-paid license to use the Preexisting Work in any manner consistent with this Agreement. The only preexisting works that may be used in the construction of the Website or any Deliverables are the Preexisting Works that may be approved in writing by Owner prior to their use.
17. Copyright Notices.
Developer shall include on the Website any and all copyright or other notices as requested by Owner.
18. Work Only by Developer.
Excepting any co-developer who is engaged by Owner to co-develop the Website with Developer, no individuals or entities other than Developer and Developer’s approved associates shall undertake any work in connection with this Agreement. Developer shall obtain and maintain in effect written agreements with each of its associates who participate in any of Developer’s work under this Agreement, which agreements shall contain terms sufficient for Developer to comply with all provisions of this Agreement and to support all grants and assignments of rights and ownership under this Agreement. Such agreements also shall impose an obligation of confidentiality on such employees with respect to Owner’s Confidential Information.
19. Indemnification/No Infringement.
In performing services under this Agreement, Developer agrees not to design, develop, or provide to Owner any items, including any Deliverables, that infringe any patents, copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights, including trade secrets, privacy, or other rights of any person or entity. If Developer becomes aware of any such possible infringement in the course of performing any work hereunder, Developer shall immediately notify Owner in writing. Developer agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Owner, its officers, directors, members, employees, representatives, agents, and the like harmless for any such alleged or actual infringement of the rights of a third party, including any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, and for any liability, debt, or other obligation arising out of or resulting from any breach by Developer of this Agreement, performance or failed performance under this Agreement, or use of any Deliverables. This indemnification shall include Owner’s attorney fees and expenses. Owner shall have the right, at its option, to control its own defense and engage counsel acceptable to Owner.
20. Developer’s Representations and Warranties.
Developer represents and warrants to Owner as follows:
No Conflict. Developer is under no obligation or restriction that would in any way interfere or conflict with the work to be performed by Developer under this Agreement. Owner understands that Developer is currently working on one or more similar works for other customers. Provided that those works do not interfere or conflict with Developer’s obligations under this Agreement, those works shall not constitute a violation of this Agreement by Developer.
21. Ownership Rights.
(1) Developer is and will be the sole author of all works employed by Developer in preparing any and all Deliverables other than Preexisting Works; (2) Developer has and will have full and sufficient right to assign or grant the rights and/or licenses granted in the Deliverables pursuant to this Agreement; (3) all Deliverables other than Preexisting Works have not been and will not be published under circumstances that would cause a loss of copyright therein; and (4) all Deliverables, including all Preexisting Works, do not and will not infringe any patents, copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights, including trade secrets, privacy, or similar rights of any person or entity, nor has any claim, whether or not embodied in an action, past or present, of such infringement been threatened or asserted, nor is such a claim pending against Developer or, insofar as Developer is aware, against any entity from which Developer has obtained such rights.
22. Conformity, Performance, and Compliance.
(1) all Deliverables shall be prepared in a workmanlike manner and with professional diligence and skill;
(2) all Deliverables will function under standard HTML conventions;
(3) all Deliverables will conform to the specifications and functions set forth in this Agreement; and;
(4) Developer will perform all work under this Agreement in compliance with applicable laws. Developer will repair any Deliverable that does not meet this warranty within a reasonable period of time if the defect affects the usability of the Website, and otherwise will repair the defect within twenty-four (24) hours, such repairs to be free of charge to Owner. This warranty does not cover links that change over time, pages that become obsolete over time, content that becomes outdated over time, or other changes that do not result from any error on the part of Developer.
The media on which the Deliverables is or will be contained shall not knowingly contain any computer instructions which purpose is to disrupt, damage or interfere with the use of any other computer programs or computer telecommunications facilities for their commercial purposes, or perform functions which are not an appropriate part of the functionality of the applicable computer programs, and which result is to disrupt the use or operation of such computer programs.
The Deliverables shall not knowingly contain any virus, worm, trojan horse, or other similar code, or any mechanism which electronically notifies the user of any fact or event, nor any key, node lock, time-out, logic bomb or other function, implemented by any means, which may restrict use of or access to any programs, data or equipment.
23. Independent Contractor.
Developer, in rendering performance under this Agreement, shall be deemed an independent contractor and nothing contained herein shall be construed as constituting employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between Developer and Owner. Developer shall be solely responsible for and shall hold Owner harmless for any and all claims for taxes, fees, or costs, including but not limited to withholding, income tax, FICA, and workmen’s compensation.
24. Injunctive Relief.
Owner and Developer agree that any default under or breach of Sections 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 of this Agreement will result in immediate and irreparable injury and harm to Owner, which shall have, in addition to any and all remedies of law and other consequences under this Agreement, the right to an injunction, specific performance or other equitable relief to prevent the default under or breach of this Agreement. The foregoing remedies shall in no way limit any other remedies which Owner may have, including, without limitation, the right to seek monetary damages.
Unless earlier terminated in accordance with this Section 17, this Agreement shall continue in effect until the Website is operational and has been accepted by Owner. Owner may, at its sole option, terminate this Agreement immediately upon written notice to Developer.
Upon receipt of notice of such termination, Developer shall inform Owner of the extent to which performance has been completed through the date of termination and collect and deliver to Owner whatever work product and Deliverables then exist in a manner prescribed by Owner. Developer may not terminate this Agreement except upon the occurrence of a material default by Owner which has not been cured within thirty (30) days after written notice to Owner. Sections 2.d, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, and 18 of this Agreement shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
Costs of Litigation. If any action is brought by either party to this Agreement against the other party regarding the subject matter of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover, in addition to any other relief granted, reasonable attorney fees, costs, and expenses of litigation.
27. Governing Law; Submission to Jurisdiction.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Colorado. Developer acknowledges that by entering into this Agreement, and providing services under this Agreement, Developer has transacted business in the state of Colorado.
By transacting business in the state of Colorado by agreement, Client voluntarily submits and consents to the settlement of any legal matters the jurisdiction of courts located in Denver County, state of Colorado, as to all matters relating to or arising from this Agreement.
No Assignment. Developer may not assign or delegate, sublicense or otherwise transfer this Agreement, or its services to be performed or obligations under this Agreement.
28. Waiver of Liability.
No waiver by either party of any default shall be deemed as a waiver of prior or subsequent default of the same of other provisions of this Agreement.
Severability. If any term, clause or provision hereof is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity or operation of any other term, clause or provision, and such invalid term, clause or provision shall be deemed to be severed from the Agreement.
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties, and revokes and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties and is intended as a final expression of their Agreement.
All schedules referenced in this Agreement shall be incorporated into this Agreement by this reference. This Agreement shall not be modified or amended except in writing signed by the parties hereto and specifically referring to this Agreement.
This Agreement shall take precedence over any other documents which may conflict with this Agreement.