Website Compliance Guidelines For CBD Sellers In Need of Credit Card Processing
Time and time again we’ve come across CBD sellers who’ve invested thousands of dollars on a fancy website only to discover that it fails to meet bank underwriting requirements to get approved for a merchant account.
Your website must comply with state law, federal and bank underwriting guidelines as a prerequisite for getting a merchant account.
Sponsoring banks and major credit card brands require that your online CBD store contain the following;
- Website SSL Certificate
- GPDR compliance
- Conformance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- FDA disclosure statement
- No unsubstantiated medical/health benefit statements as mandated by the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (“FDC Act”) marketing and advertising practices acceptable rules of conduct.
- Terms &Cconditions of Use Policy
- Shipping and Delivery Policy
- Refund and Returns policy that clarifies the method in which funds will be returned, the method and the time frame.
- Card brand logos must be visible in the designated areas
- COAs must be published on your website as well.