Time and time again, we’ve come across CBD sellers who’ve invested thousands of dollars on a fancy website only to discover that it fails to meet bank underwriting requirements to get a merchant account.
Your website must comply with state law, federal and bank underwriting guidelines as a prerequisite for getting a merchant account.
Bank underwriters will visit your website to inspect it for the following;
- SSL certificate
- GPDR compliance
- Conformance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- FDA disclosure statement
- Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (“FDC Act”) marketing and advertising practices acceptable rules of conduct
- Terms and conditions of use policy
- Shipping and delivery policy
- Refund and returns policy that clarifies the method in which funds will be returned and the timeframe
- Card brand logos must be visible in the designated areas
- COAs must be published on your website as well.
There are other requirements that we can discuss in our telephone conversation. Needless to say, you’ll be waiting time and money hiring a website designer that has no knowledge of hemp-CBD industry and bank underwriting compliance.
Feel free to call me with any technical related questions or pricing.