KJ Proweb™ is a full scope digital marketing agency responsible for the creation, launch, and management of online advertising campaigns for US national and global brands.
We help our clients promote their products or services through social media platforms, press releases. search engine advertising, reciprocal links, mobile SMS text marketing, and email lists.
Prior to launching Internet marketing campaigns, we first build intelligent, user-friendly websites on technical infrastructure that supports; product order tracking, inventory management, sales funnels, customer relationship management (CRM) databases, and web analytics reporting.
eCommerce Shopping Cart Website Design, Hosting & Payment Processing
KJ Proweb™ has consulted on web development, regulatory agency compliance, and set up payment processing for some of the largest hemp farms and CBD brands in the industry.
Beyond web development, hosting and digital marketing — KJ Proweb™ is a global partner and ISO representing seven leading payment processors.
As an ISO, we establish pricing, create service packages, manage account boarding, and handle payment gateway integration.
Legal hemp flower and pre-rolls to vapes, CBD oils, CBD topical rubs and edibles, e-cigarettes, delta 8/9, kratom, kava, pipes, bongs, recreational paraphernalia, and more.
Clients We Have Served
KJ Proweb provides custom web development and payment processing to
some of the largest hemp farms and hundreds of leading CBD brands.
Our portfolio of 1,200 hemp farms and CBD sellers. The list continues to grow.
Selling Federally Regulated Products Demands An Understanding of Card Brand Regulations, State Law & Industry Best Practices
Hemp derived CBD, hemp flower, vapes, tobacco, kratom, and recreational paraphernalia are federally regulated products. Prior to launching an e-commerce store it’s important to do some research to understand state and federal guidelines relevant to what you can and cannot publish online.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines strictly prohibits the use of certain words and phrases in online and print marketing materials that could be interpreted as unsubstantiated medical claims. *Reference sources; FTC Publication:
“Companies made unsupported claims that their oils, balms, gummies, coffee, and other goods could treat serious diseases such as cancer and diabetes.” Press Release: FTC and FDA Warn Florida Company Marketing CBD Products about Claims Related to Treating Autism, ADHD, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and Other Medical Conditions, Oct. 22, 2019, available at:
- Press Release: FTC Sends Warning Letters to Companies Advertising Their CBD-Infused Products as Treatments for Serious Diseases, Including Cancer, Alzheimer’s, and Multiple Sclerosis, Sept. 10, 2019, available at: https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2019/09/ftc-sends-warning-letters-companiesadvertising-their-cbdinfused
U.S. States Where CBD Is Still Illegal (*Late 2020):
3. States Where CBD Edibles (gummies, candies, chewable foods) Are Banned (*Late 2020).
4. Your shopping cart drop down selection menu must restrict sales of any hemp/CBD products to those states.
Other Restrictions and Prohibitions (Late 2020).
- Indiana Prohibited: Smokable CBD flower.
- Kentucky Prohibited: Hemp cigarettes; hemp cigars; chew, dip, smokeless material consisting of hemp leaf material or hemp floral material; and hemp leaf material or floral material teas.
- New Hampshire: Guideline issued by the New Hampshire Liquor Commission in 2018 and revised in June 2019 states that Hemp-CBD may not be added to foods or alcohol products in New Hampshire.
- Texas: The sale and marketing of Hemp CBD foods and cosmetics is allowed so long as these products meet specific testing and labeling requirements. However, the definition of “consumable hemp product” does not include smokable products. HB 1325 expressly prohibits the processing and manufacture of products “containing hemp for
smoking.” “Smoking” is defined as “burning or igniting a substance and inhaling the smoke or heating a substance and inhaling the resulting vapor or aerosol.”
- Vermont: CBD cannot be combined with meat or dairy; maple syrup has its own rules.
Website Compliance Checklist
- Cannot sell or ship to states where CBD is banned/illegal
- Cannot sell or ship CBD-infused foods or beverages, including gummies, to states that have banned CBD edibles
- Cannot label or market a product as a dietary supplement
- Cannot use the following terms in describing a product: “prevent”, “diagnose”, “mitigate”, “treat”, or “cure”
- Testimonials may not use the terms above
- Customer Service Contact must be clearly displayed
- Refund Policy must be clearly displayed
- Customer must opt-in for recurring / subscription orders; opt-out is not ok